Vintage photo pillows.






These pillows have to be my favorites for many reasons. These images were collected over the years and when I lived in Brazil I asked a print company to try printing them for me onto fabric. Finding the right base was not easy as I wanted a good definition on the end result so I chose 340 point Egyptian coton which is usually used for five star hotel bedlinens ! It gives the final result an extra deliscious quality as the coton washes up to a sublimely soft touch. The school photo is from 1928 and is of an English school in São Paulo in Brazil which I found in a local antique street market when working over there. The little girl is an old French postcard and the women are only half the original image of six women from the 1930's, probably Brazilian as the photo was found in the same market as the school photo. I applied the photos onto stiffer linen fabric and backlined them in a patchwork of vintage French fabrics even using the original button closing which I integrated into the pillows. I have more such images to make into pillows or even children's garments like this little dress I made for a friend's now born baby called Sirine where I appliquéd one of the little girl's faces onto the draw-string bag I made to package the gift. I am quite sure that this dress will be packed away for future use. I love doing it and it has given me ideas to make a line of high end childrens wear as one offs.  

Commentaires

  1. Wow the cushions are gorgeous. What a great idea and I love your blog.

    Leeann x

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. The shade of red you chose to outline the dress is wonderful. Well done. Now how about selling the fabric? :)

    RépondreSupprimer

Enregistrer un commentaire