The latest adventure from my workroom!

 After spending a lot of time on pillows I decided to have a go at totes! Always in search of the perfect bag I had made a few in my past collections in Brazil that people love a lot so this year I tried to make something different and see the reaction. These totes are seemingly small but in fact contain masses of stuff and are sooooooo well sewn that you can go to the beach and pick up a ton of stuff for your shelves and it wont give way. I made a black one for myself from a piece of 'Robert le Hero' fabric picked up at the market in Paris and kept under my bonnet.


 The black one is MINE, so don't bother looking too closely !! a one off !
 Love this deck chair stripe, the fabric is so strong!! it is French designer fabric picked up in Paris and lined in a great bight red coton.
This has to be a favorite, everyone who has seen it loves it. The fabric is great, too heavy for clothes and anyway not much of it unfortunately, it is perfect for totes. Lined in a lovely pink striped coton, both fabrics are vintage.
 This modern fabric was white until Britt got her hands on it and dyed it this lovely duck blue !! I lined it with a French thirties toile de Jouy coton depicting a beach scene, very Deauville !!
 Kept this for ages, never sure what to do with it, made a pillow in fifties patchwork but wasn't really totally pleased. I think that it makes a great tote. I lined it in a fab fifties red based coton in the same style.
 This one is 'chic' as the French say. There is something 'Ralph Laurenish' about it, a perfect summer tote lined in a vintage floral print in coton.
 Loved this fabric but oh so hard to know what to do with it !! makes a great tote but knowing me I would lose it on the stony beach rock hunting!

 This huge one was a trial as girls these days seem to need bags big enough to carry their lives in !!! If I were to do this my tote would be a mile high ! I added a bow to make it more 'it' than 'was' and lined it in a great linen/coton mix in mid grey. I am sure that someone will fall for it, we will see how the battle of the totes rages and who wins !! Must make a micro tote one of these days for fun.
Here you can see the difference in size. The large one mesures 43 centimetres high against 35 for the smaller one and has a circumference of 98 against 73 for the one on the right. Both bags can be worn on the shoulder as their straps are respectively 36 and 43 cms,,, yes only 36 for the big one but the opening is larger so it easily fits on the shoulder.

Next project, DOLLS !!!

Commentaires